walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

How to find groups to travel with?

How to find groups to travel with?

Postby Frihed89 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:00 am

I walked the Affic-Kintail way this May. I want to do it again, next year. However, one time was enough for my wife.

I live in Denmark, but have no Scottish contacts, although I have a Mackintosh heritage.

How does one go about finding a group of people who would be interesting in doing this walk?

Thanks for your help.

"Mac"
Frihed89
Mountaineer

Re: How to find groups to travel with?

Postby Sgurr » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:28 am

You could try posting in the Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs forum further down the page, or you could take a look at what other people want to do there. Who knows, you might find a different walk you could be interested in.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Frihed89 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:09 pm

Sgurr wrote:You could try posting in the Meeting up, arranging trips and walking clubs forum further down the page, or you could take a look at what other people want to do there. Who knows, you might find a different walk you could be interested in.

Thanks. It seems like most of the forum posts involve last minute arrangements, while I have to plan this more in advance.

I think I'll try to talk my wife into a multi-day easy walking tour somewhere else, although that's not what I really fancy. I see tons of such companies on the web.
Frihed89
Mountaineer

Postby Arthurs Eat » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi Mac, when did you have in mind (if at all)? The AKW is on my horizon?

cheers

Calum
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:17   Donalds:38
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion