walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Aonach Eagach and Bidean

Aonach Eagach and Bidean

Postby spiderman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:37 pm

I just read Alteknacker's description of his traverse of these two hills from a number of years ago and I did the same route more than 20 years ago . I was amazed as I have not come across anyone attempting this traverse perhaps because you have to come back to sea level after completing the first hill. This is the route I took and it involves 3 scrambles. I parked in the small space between rocks at The Study ( Is this still a parking place) I went straight up A Chailleach doing the scramble that features on the cover of Noel Williams Scambles in Lochaber. I went on and completed the Aonach Eagach and descended to where the main road meets the Clachaig road. I then head up for Stob Coire Nam Beith and did the Number 3 Buttress scramble to attain the top of Stob Coire Nam Beith and went over Bidean and down Beinn Fhada exiting down the right hand side to come out at the Study.
spiderman
Rambler

Re: Aonach Eagach and Bidean

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Sounds a good walk. Have you seen the Glen Coe Skyline Race route though?
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Munros:125   Corbetts:16

Re: Aonach Eagach and Bidean

Postby davekeiller » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Sounds like a pretty long day. Possibly not many people have the energy!
davekeiller

Munros:154   Corbetts:31
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:20   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion