walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

andalusia hills

andalusia hills

Postby Fairweather Softie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi All,

Just back from a break in Benalmadena and spent a couple of days trying to find my way onto the hill above the resort, Calamorro. Quick check of internet found the trails looks like they are way marked by R1 and R2 posts so once you get on the hill it looks like its pretty good walking on half decent paths.

Has anyone got any recommendations of other hills in the area. This time around it was a bit too hot for me to be trying it, I sweat bad enough here on a winters day but want to try and get over again in January.

I was in Coin for a day and off to the west there looked like good hills, not looked yet to see names.

Regards

John
Fairweather Softie
Walker

Munros:220   Corbetts:6
Fionas:5   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:6

Re: andalusia hills

Postby jmarkb » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:59 pm

jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby Fairweather Softie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Thanks jmarkb, think the hills I saw are Sierra de las Nieves. But had a look at links and it seems walking on national park land is encouraged. Just was a bit worried about wandering onto someone's land and not being able to explain my intentions. :D
Fairweather Softie
Walker

Munros:220   Corbetts:6
Fionas:5   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:6

Postby weedavie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:08 pm

The Sierra de las Nieves has some good walking and I've posted one description. https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63594 . This refers to Editorial Penibetica, the Sierra de las Nieves map and handbook, the English edition of which is a good introduction.

Access generally has got a little worse over the years. The Sierra de Grazalema has a few routes that farmers have blocked. It's also got a few routes in the Park that are excellent but by permit only. They weren't giving permits out this summer because of fire risk but that shouldn't be a problem in January. Mind you Torrecilla could be under snow.
weedavie
Mountain Walker

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion