walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Fannichs

Fannichs

Postby Walk cycle » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Despite all the helpful advice I received earlier in the year I never managed to get to the Cairngorms and had two days near Tyndrum with only one successful walk up Ben Lui. I now have three days in the Northwest and was intending to include a walk in the eastern Fannichs. However I am guessing recent rain has made the area even more boggy. Has anyone ever walked the Walk Highlands route to Sgurr Mor and then retraced their steps and avoided the final boggy section ( so only completing two Munros)? If I walked the four eastern Fannichs as I intended is the bog below Meallan Buidhe really not advised? Thanks.
Walk cycle
Mountaineer

Munros:23   Corbetts:7
Fionas:3   
Hewitts:22
Wainwrights:3   

Re: Fannichs

Postby Steve B » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:16 am

I walked these via the WH route and included all 4.
It was a day for putting on full waterproofs from 100 m after leaving the car and then on all day.
Yes the final boggy area was not great, I did not think it was 'that bad', but I was so wet it made little difference.
I was more concerned abut locating the bridge to get across the river again.
Steve B
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Hewitts:62
Wainwrights:40   Islands:9

Re: Fannichs

Postby Giant Stoneater » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 am

You could cycle in from Grundie in the south which is a excellent track for cycling where you could head up An Coileachan round about NH256 662 a wee bit rough going but eases the higher you get.

Here is a link to gman's trip report
https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44018
Giant Stoneater
Scrambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion