walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Corrour damaged!

Corrour damaged!

Postby larry groo » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 am

Just after the work to give us a new bog too....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-45625361
larry groo

Re: Corrour damaged!

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:34 am

Hope I'll be forgiven for plugging my own blog with a rather fuller account than the bare bones BBC digest. The points which I think are important from this are that: a) even relatively minor damage can be a major effort to repair, b) that ALL bothy users can and must do more to protect bothies from damage and rubbish, not just by treating bothies with respect and responsibility, but by taking action on vandalism and rubbish - even if it's not their own.
https://cairngormwanderer.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/1673/
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Munros:125   Corbetts:16

Postby RocksRock » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 pm

Oh dear, what a blow, and after so much hard work from so many! Thank you Cairngormwanderer :clap: for fixing it so quickly and at such personal incovenience. And thanks to those who carried the rubbish out........
RocksRock

Munros:4   Corbetts:7
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:26   Islands:8

Postby Coop » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Some people just couldn't give a toss!!

Hope you sold their kit to recoup your petrol money
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:55+17
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:52 pm

Coop wrote:
Hope you sold their kit to recoup your petrol money

Hah! You know these jerks only ever have crap gear. The best of it is only good for a charity shop.
(Though, to be honest, because of the set-up at Corrour I'll get my travel expenses if I remember to claim them.)
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Postby Sunset tripper » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:32 pm

I bet "ignorant yahoos" is not the first words that came to mind but probably the only ones the BBC could use. :D
I'm not a big user of bothies but I certainly appreciate the work you guys do and I try to take away some of the non burnable crap thats left along with my own stuff.
The only stuff I ever leave is fuel for the fire if I don't use it and some nonsense in the log book. :D
Sunset tripper

Postby Cairngormwanderer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Sunset tripper wrote:I bet "ignorant yahoos" is not the first words that came to mind but probably the only ones the BBC could use. :D

Oddly enough the phrase came to mind while I was writing the blog. Given my deliberate use of very graphic language during another blogrant, I can only assume this means I'm getting to be a crotchety but harmless old man who'll shortly be writing posts moaning about all the rocks on the path catching on my zimmer frame. :lol:
Cairngormwanderer
Stravaiging

Postby Wanderer Gaz » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:16 pm

It feels like there's no escape from these people at times. Living close to and working in Glasgow, my time in the hills and outdoors is some escapism. The people you meet are usually like minded "good people".

It infuriates me whenever these idiots behaviour impacts the life of good people. Modern society is becoming socially and morally bankrupt :(

A huge thank you to the decent people who put the time and effort into clearing up after these effin morons.
Wanderer Gaz
Munro compleatist

Postby Sunset tripper » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:16 pm

After reading your blog and going slightly off topic :roll: It's a cracking walk from Corrour over to Glenfeshie (weather permitting) instead of the walk back to Linn o Dee and the long drive round the cairngorms. :D
Having said that you would have to reverse it or get a lift back to your car. :(
Sunset tripper

Postby al78 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Wanderer Gaz wrote:It feels like there's no escape from these people at times. Living close to and working in Glasgow, my time in the hills and outdoors is some escapism. The people you meet are usually like minded "good people".

It infuriates me whenever these idiots behaviour impacts the life of good people. Modern society is becoming socially and morally bankrupt :(

A huge thank you to the decent people who put the time and effort into clearing up after these effin morons.

It is only a minority that are thugs. There have always been nasty people who get off on wrecking things, and there always will be. Be careful of falling into the trap of projecting the worst of humanity onto everyone else.
al78
Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:9
Donalds:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion