walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Arran Coastal Path

Arran Coastal Path

Postby Arthurs Eat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:15 pm

I'm hoping to do this in September with my wife and wondered if anyone was aware if there was a baggage transfer service? Not fancying carrying all her kit :wink: !

thanks in advance.

Calum
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:216   Corbetts:28
Grahams:14   Donalds:28
Sub 2000:21   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Re: Arran Coastal Path

Postby jmarkb » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:45 pm

jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:241   Corbetts:99
Grahams:81   Donalds:31
Sub 2000:46   

Re: Arran Coastal Path

Postby Buggiba » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Two of us walked the Arran Coastal Way in May 2018. There is a bag-carrying service based in Brodick, run by the vicar and his wife. We walked anti-clockwise and took 5 days. The first day was 17 miles. My son-in-law decided to go over Goat Fell while I took the low level route to Sannox. Apart from the obvious the difference was one-and-a-half hours and he is half my age. The second half (9 miles) of the day was hard work with a lot of rock hopping and clambering over and between boulders. Stayed overnight in the youth hostel at Lochranza. Day 2 was a scheduled 19 miles. Weather less kind today too. A lot of road walking and some more rock and boulder work before crossing the beach into Blackwaterfoot. Day 3 was a short, but arduous, 6 miles to Lagg. Mostly rocks and roads. Day 4 was a severe test along the pathless and energy sapping 11 miles of the boulder field before some welcome relief of road walking to Whiting Bay. The last day was another 11 mile stretch of road, beach and boardwalk into Brodick, just in time for the ferry. The bag-carrying service was excellent at £9 per drop. Even met us with the bags at the Douglas Hotel when we finished.

Don't look upon this as a walk in the park. There is a lot of strenuous walking, climbing and clambering. At times the going is very difficult indeed. However, enjoy.
Buggiba
Mountaineer

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion