walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Satmap on Windows 10

Satmap on Windows 10

Postby tall-story » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:42 am

I know its a bit of a love hate thing with GPS in general but my question is aimed at the Satmap system and Windows 10. So my question is has anyone else had any issues when loading a GPX file onto Satmap via Win10. I found it very easy with Win 7 but I`ve had to drag myself into the 21st century and not only does the operating system look and operate very differently it seems that a very simple operation with Satmap has also got a wee bit different where there seems to be an awful lot of double clicks where there were none before :roll: Is it just me or is it a common issue and is there any way to do things without all the double clicks ?
tall-story
Walker

Munros:160   Corbetts:222
Fionas:43   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:21
Wainwrights:21   

Re: Satmap on Windows 10

Postby Fife Flyer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:18 pm

I have Windows 10 on my PC and manage it ok.
Not a fan of 10, but unfortunately that was already installed on it.

I draw my route using the GPS on here, save it, plug my phone into my PC, send the GPX file to my phone and job done.

Hope that makes sense?
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:273   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Re: Satmap on Windows 10

Postby tall-story » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:16 pm

That seems fairly straightforward 🤔 I'll need to try it on my phone 👍. I found it very easy on win7 to put on my gps but just a whole lot more of a faf with win10 to do the same thing 🙈. Thanks M
tall-story
Walker

Munros:160   Corbetts:222
Fionas:43   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:21
Wainwrights:21   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion