walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

solo hillwalking

solo hillwalking

Postby mynthdd2 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:16 pm

mynthdd2
Munro compleatist

Islands:34

Re: solo hillwalking

Postby regedmunds » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:19 pm

We are all different, so many views of how we live our lives, I think that I have gone through three distinct changes of life, up until I was about 25, having 'fun' was all I thought of, then I went through the career phase of my life, that ended and I'm now into my older years. Looking back, NOW is the best time! Not everyone can choose of course, but I'm one of the lucky ones.
regedmunds

Postby Graeme D » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:27 pm

regedmunds wrote:We are all different, so many views of how we live our lives, I think that I have gone through three distinct changes of life, up until I was about 25, having 'fun' was all I thought of, then I went through the career phase of my life, that ended and I'm now into my older years. Looking back, NOW is the best time! Not everyone can choose of course, but I'm one of the lucky ones.

I have no idea how old you are, but leaving that aside, I think we may be the same person! :shock:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby regedmunds » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:46 pm

I'm 74 next week. I'm healthy at the moment have no problems with joints or bones, its only the uncertainty of Brexit thats standing in my way at the moment. I'm keen to book some French Alps walks but am going to wait until matters are sorted.
regedmunds

Postby mynthdd2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:56 pm

I guess I posted this because out in the hills I often come across groups having a blether about humdrum stuff eg tax returns and work whereas I go up there for a break from all of that....
mynthdd2
Munro compleatist

Islands:34

Postby Graeme D » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:05 pm

regedmunds wrote:I'm 74 next week. I'm healthy at the moment have no problems with joints or bones, its only the uncertainty of Brexit thats standing in my way at the moment. I'm keen to book some French Alps walks but am going to wait until matters are sorted.

OK, there's a good 26 years between us, but that still sounds a hell of a lot like me! :lol: Good luck with the Brexit thing by the way. :shock:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby AHillTooFar » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Can't say I go out alone for any soul searching, more just I like the views it offers and I dislike groups. Voluntarily going out for hours at a time with others would just be odd.
AHillTooFar
Mountaineer

Munros:29   Corbetts:14
Fionas:4   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion