walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Munro Bagging for charity

Munro Bagging for charity

Postby Tonesyd89 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi All ,

I am unsure if this fits the description of 'general discussion so am happy for this to be removed if need be.

I appreciate that there is another thread on here for introductions. That being said, as this is my first ever post I'd like to say hello- my name is Anthony and i've thus far bagged 3 Munros and am looking to continue the trend!

Intro over- onto the more serious matter as to why I'm posting here.

Our family suffered the loss of a great man earlier this month. It was sudden, unexpected and devastating for us all.

Whilst out roaming the hills, one of his favourite pastimes, my father-in-law passed away. I unfortunately only had the pleasure of accompanying Davie on one such hill walk in the past

Last year Davie and I both ended up lost at the top of a Ben Narnain then the Cobbler ( don't ask!) in freezing rain and wind until around 2am! Davie was a great man and this day summed him up perfectly. Even when being stranded up a mountain with a navigator like me (read a bad one!) he still managed to occasionally laugh and smile about the whole affair. Davie was the kind of guy who could laugh even in the most trying of times. Regardless of how perilous it was or how bad it was, he never took it too seriously. And at the end of it all, after being soaked to the skin, freezing cold tired and hungry, he turned around after the whole affair and thanked me for my efforts, as minimal as they were!

Davie was just that kind of man. He always found the good in people, and never stopped smiling regardless of the hardships faced. It fills me with sadness that I will no longer be able to ramble through the hills with Davie. However, in Davies memory, I want to continue were he left off. Conquering the Scottish Munros (Scottish mountains over 3000ft). Over the next few months- I want to attempt to scratch off at least 24 Munros to help raise cash for the British Heart Foundation .

Rest assured- i have since learned the err of my ways that day - and have heavily invested in better kit, better knowledge of both navigation and 'safe adventuring'.

As i'm a newbie to the site, and the forums- i can't post links in posts. if you would be willing to share my Sponsor page or know of any other way you or others can help, please drop me a private message. It'd be great to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!
Tonesyd89
Hill Bagger

Munros:26   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion