walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Camping near Loch Coire nan Dearcag lochans (Affric)

Camping near Loch Coire nan Dearcag lochans (Affric)

Postby Steve B » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:18 am

Hi,
Planning on the 6 western Affric Munros this weekend and thinking of walking east to west and ending day 1 by camping in the hollow around the Loch Coire nan Dearcag lochans, the shortcut below Sgurr na Ceathreamhnan. Which I will return over after the far away one first thing in the morning then the long walk out through Glen Affric.
Seen a few images from when folk have used it as the short cut as described in the WH route for these 3.
Has anybody camped there or able to provide info on suitability etc? Looks a bit boggy but would think there would be suitable spots around.
Thanks for any input.
S
Steve B
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Hewitts:62
Wainwrights:40   Islands:9

Re: Camping near Loch Coire nan Dearcag lochans (Affric)

Postby Csm8 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:16 pm

I fell asleep on a huge rock in this coire while sunbathing in last summers heat wave but from what I can remember it is a little boggy. Just up on the ridge out to the 'far away one' there seemed to be some good spots up there from what I can remember.

Any of these glens or coires around this area would be a properly fantastic remote spot to camp though,
Csm8
Munro compleatist

Munros:71   Corbetts:42
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:13

Re: Camping near Loch Coire nan Dearcag lochans (Affric)

Postby Steve B » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Thanks for the comment.
Likely I will do that.
Don't want to have a hike too far to water which was the rationale for this area.
Steve B
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:16
Hewitts:62
Wainwrights:40   Islands:9

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion