walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Motorbikes

Re: Motorbikes

Postby Gareth Harper » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:39 am

They were the only people I saw in the hills on Saturday and was pleased to see them making good use of a traditional route through the hills that is very little used these days.

Indeed.

I’ve encountered trails riders a handful of times when out hill walking. Always on Land Rover tracks or old drovers roads. No issues whatsoever.
Gareth Harper

Munros:204   Corbetts:83
Fionas:26   Donalds:50
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Soldier of fortune » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Modern life seems to want to restrict everyone and everything thing if it doesn't conform to the 'enforcers' point of view.
There's an article about fires in the Cairngorm 'national' park but we seem to have given up on the miles of land rover tracks that almost certainly now top 4000 miles across the Cairngorms, or the logging roads being bulldozed throughout Scotland, over 3 million invasive trees have been planted across Scotland in the last three years but the 'enforcers' can kill a few beech trees on one of Malcolm Rory Colquhoun's islands because THEY are an invasive species.

How about the Scottish Governments 'enforcers', reporters, breaking the democratic will of the people and passing planning for windfarms nilly willy across our landscape, while the two Scottish energy companies that also own the grid in Scotland want the Government to remove ALL restrictions for 'planting' windfarms across the country.

Then there's run of the river hydro's, another money-making scam if there ever was one.

Motorbikes on man-made tracks! been there and done it, ridden some of the UK's longest bridal pathson a road bike long before we were 'outlawed' by the 'enforcers’, but heh if you own a £250,000 tractor or a land rover, you're okay somehow, they are invisible.
Soldier of fortune
Stravaiging

Munros:43   Corbetts:6

Postby al78 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 am

Soldier of fortune wrote:Modern life seems to want to restrict everyone and everything thing if it doesn't conform to the 'enforcers' point of view.

Not in my experience, but then I do try to engage in activities that don't externalise costs on others.
al78
Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:9
Donalds:1

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion