walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Bees Morven from Glen Fenzie

Bees Morven from Glen Fenzie

Postby chigton » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:44 am

If anyone is planning walking to Morven from Glen Fenzie there is a large number ( I reckon about 100) boxes of honey bees right beside the track. They are pretty agressive too, I ended up with four stuck in my clothes and hair, and that was doing a very quick walk past.
chigton

Re: Bees Morven from Glen Fenzie

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:25 am

Did you notice the bloated, stung-to-death corpses of any apiarists lying around? That reminds me of a joke about apiarists: "I wanted to be an apiarist, but I was afraid I'd be lynched by dyslexic vigilantes..." :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby chigton » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:01 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:Did you notice the bloated, stung-to-death corpses of any apiarists lying around? That reminds me of a joke about apiarists: "I wanted to be an apiarist, but I was afraid I'd be lynched by dyslexic vigilantes..." :shock:

No bodies yet..... but did make me think of a documentary I watched a few years ago about killer bees where a tourist was found dead in a cave, with 4,000 bee stings.
chigton

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:00 pm

chigton wrote:
Caberfeidh wrote:Did you notice the bloated, stung-to-death corpses of any apiarists lying around? That reminds me of a joke about apiarists: "I wanted to be an apiarist, but I was afraid I'd be lynched by dyslexic vigilantes..." :shock:

No bodies yet..... but did make me think of a documentary I watched a few years ago about killer bees where a tourist was found dead in a cave, with 4,000 bee stings.

Oooyah, that had to hurt. And I complain about midgie bites... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby denfinella » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:12 pm

Interesting... by coincidence, we shared the summit of Morven with hundreds of wasps!

1.jpg
denfinella
Wanderer

Munros:88   Corbetts:40
Fionas:37   Donalds:24
Sub 2000:72   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:6   Islands:46

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:50 am

denfinella wrote:Interesting... by coincidence, we shared the summit of Morven with hundreds of wasps!

The attachment $matches[2] is no longer available

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kill them! Kill them with FIRE!!!!!!!

flamethrower3.jpg
Caberfeidh's Patented Wasp, Midgie and Clegg Eradication Apparatus
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion