walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

walk from Inverie to Morvich

walk from Inverie to Morvich

Postby al78 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:46 pm

I was thinking next year of walking from Fort William to Morvich and possibly beyond following roughly the Cape Wrath trail, and have been looking at my OS maps. I noticed that when reaching Kinloch Hourn, there is the direct route to Glen Shiel either up Buidhe Beinn or along the glen heading NE, but there is another path marked that heads west along glen Arnisdale to Corran and Arnisdale. From there, it looks like there are a few paths that could be loosely linked to eventually come out at Sheil Bridge (Coire Chorsalain, Bealach Aoidhdailean, Srath a Chomair, Bealachasan, then around Sgurr Mhic Bharraich). This has aroused my curiosity, as the area between Glen Shiel and Loch Hourn looks just as rugged and sparsely populated as Knoydart, and may offer a comparable walking experience. Has anyone hiked through this area either taking the glen routes or over the summits that can comment on the quality of the scenery or the walking?
al78
Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:9
Donalds:1

Re: walk from Inverie to Morvich

Postby Scraggygoat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:20 pm

Yes. Taking the higher ridges are better than the glens, then glens are not as rugged or as scenic.
Scraggygoat

Re: walk from Inverie to Morvich

Postby al78 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:05 am

Thanks, I would prefer to take the high road where possible but if I get clag-fest weather like this year I'll probably try and stay below the cloud base. It is not much fun slogging 700m up only to see nothing but the back of my hand.

I've had a brief dose of masochism and booked one of Steve Fallons weekend trips to do the Alder munros.
al78
Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:9
Donalds:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion