walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

An Cladach to be closed due to Bothy Bible

Re: An Cladach to be closed due to Bothy Bible

Postby mynthdd2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:20 pm

...and finally: any guide books on the Western Islands should be put on a bonfire after first publicly humiliating the authors and settling old scores on a public forum
mynthdd2
Munro compleatist

Islands:34

Postby Marty_JG » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:13 pm

The rot started with Sir Hugh Thomas Munro, 4th Baronet.
Marty_JG
Backpacker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Postby Moriarty » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:53 pm

Marty_JG wrote:The rot started with Sir Hugh Thomas Munro, 4th Baronet.

Personally I blame the Ordnance Survey.

Having read this thread I can't imagine how, short of paying the owners of this site advertising fees, the Bothy Bible's profile could have been more effectively raised.

If it's a free gratis stealth advertising campaign by the author or publisher I tip my hat to them....but as I've already got a copy it hasn't worked on me. :wink:
Moriarty

Postby Ronnie Hillbagger » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:49 pm

Moriarty wrote:

Having read this thread I can't imagine how, short of paying the owners of this site advertising fees, the Bothy Bible's profile could have been more effectively raised.

If it's a free gratis stealth advertising campaign by the author or publisher I tip my hat to them....but as I've already got a copy it hasn't worked on me. :wink:

Ah Moriarty, perhaps you should blame Sir Arthur Conan Doyle whilst your at it?

I'm afraid your fiendish assertion that this thread is an advertising scam for the Bothy Bible is too Machiavellian even for an arch super villain such as yourself. It's not too late to repent your evil deeds and throw your copy on the fire, although better make sure it's not the An Cladach fire between 01st September 2020 and March 2021 though eh?
Ronnie Hillbagger
Mountain Walker

Postby jupe1407 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:01 pm

Moriarty wrote:

You could be onto something there. Hollis what-his-face has been relentlessly giving Geoff Allan's book free publicity for months on end on various Facebook groups. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw a massive thread about it on a Scottish Bothies group and bought one as a result.
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Munros:269   Corbetts:52
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:6

Postby Marty_JG » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:05 pm

jupe1407 wrote:You could be onto something there. Hollis what-his-face has been relentlessly giving Geoff Allan's book free publicity for months on end on various Facebook groups. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw a massive thread about it on a Scottish Bothies group and bought one as a result.

After this thread I'm considering** getting one for Christmas, scanning it, and uploading it to Torrent sites - and then troll every Ned and Bampot forum in Scotland with the magnet link.

** not really
Marty_JG
Backpacker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:3

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion