walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Plans for 2020

Re: Plans for 2020

Postby Wellman77 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:21 am

Hopefully get my munro count up into the 50's. Managed 10 last year after not doing any for about 5 years.
Wellman77
Wanderer

Munros:89   Corbetts:3
Fionas:6   Donalds:8+2
Sub 2000:22   
Islands:10
Walk wish-list

Postby St Pedro » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Usual more adventures to new hills, keep the numbers ticking along steadily

Loving the Grahams alongside the Corbetts (inside last 50 now) just adds to my planning enjoyment

Hopefully get couple more awkward logistical trips done with OBC - Jura / Rum / Poolewe

Mid May - Ullapool Lads week organised (10 of us and 3 dogs) - so Arkle, Canisp+Breabag, Cul Bheag, Glas Bheinn+Ben Stack, Ben More Coigeach/Sgurr an Fhidleir/Beinn an Eoin , Sabhal Beag, Carn an Tional+Beinn Direach on my radar.
5 Corbetts and 7 Grahams would be good 8 days if weather kind and new Westie "Cody" fit and able.

couple of relaxing Bothy weekend trips thrown in - Beinn Bhreac and Beinn Mholach either side of A9..

looking forward to campervan trips with Family, friends and usual juggling in wee hill outings...

May even manage to arrange family summer holiday to Wales with obvious wee detour to climb all Welsh Furths.

Local Ochil/Lomond outings to get Cody into hill shape - managed his first Graham on 4th Jan no problem bouncing through the heather, 4.5 hr outing.

Few wintry Grahams with pals will keep system ticking over until lighter days.

If all goes well, will be left with my majority of Corbetts outings south of Great Glen. Weirdly enjoy doing all the hard far away hills first in my pursuit of proper adventures . last Munro Ben Vane at Loch Lomond for example. In no hurry though as remember feeling sense of disappointment when compleated Munro's in 2009, life goal done what was i going to do now, during Munro's was not interested in Corbetts etc. Now enjoying more organic hill days as long as somewhere new or new route.

First time I've written my yearly plans down, looks quite exciting, cannae wait.

Vive le Dreep
St Pedro
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:200
Fionas:73   Donalds:89+50
Sub 2000:24   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:6   Islands:36

Postby Graeme D » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 pm

My plans will be modest. The main spanner in the works will probably be the new pup. She will undoubtedly be a bit of a tie but the pay off will come in years to come. Can't see there being much in the way of quantity but hopefully when I do make it out, the quality will make up for it. I would like to get to under 50 Munros to go, so 13 new ones would have to be ticked off. I would like to try to get two days in the summer on the Strathfarrar 4 and the Mullardoch 4, but then similar plans have gone pear shaped in the past for various reasons. That would at least get me most of the way there in two fell swoops. Corbett wise I would like to get 7 new ones in, thus getting to half way on the round.
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion