walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Tips for a day near Oban

Tips for a day near Oban

Postby Plavuizen » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi walkers,

In May I have a day off near Oban. The obvious options to do include Ben More on Mull and Beinn Fhionnlaidh, a bit more North. However, I'm more into distance and less into ascent. On heritagepaths.co.uk I've found the old path of String of Lorn and the Midmuir Drove Road. They can be connected at Kilmore just South of Oban. However, making a circular route involves a long walk through the forest east of Inverinan, making to total walk around 27 miles and still 1400m ascent. Not very doable on one day.
On OS and Openstreetmap I don't see paths running from SW to NE, starting at say Loch Scammadale or Loch Sreinge and ending at Musdale or east of that. Anyone experience in this area that can help?
Or any other options in this region for a 5-6 hour walk away from the crowds?
Plavuizen
Walker

Munros:4   
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:2

Re: Tips for a day near Oban

Postby jmarkb » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:21 pm

You could probably join up some walks on Lismore to make a longish day: https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/argyll/isle-of-lismore.shtml
Not circular, but the west shore of Loch Etive is very scenic.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion