walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

the C word

Re: the C word

Postby onsen » Mon May 11, 2020 9:17 am

mynthdd2 wrote:Isn't there some kind of spider that can settle down in the WC? :shock:

Red Back spider...I seem to remember there's a song about too...there is.

https://www.flashlyrics.com/lyrics/slim-newton/redback-on-the-toilet-seat-36
onsen
Munro compleatist

Postby Caberfeidh » Mon May 11, 2020 9:18 am

mynthdd2 wrote:Isn't there some kind of spider that can settle down in the WC? :shock:

Yes! A lot of them do but I think the red back spider has a bad rep for doing so. I've been back in the UK for fifteen years and I still check under the seat... :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby onsen » Tue May 12, 2020 11:25 pm

...and that was way back in the good ol' days, when homes had backyard dunny's/ thunder box.

https://www.google.com/search?q=backyard+dunny&newwindow=1&client=tablet-android-elink&prmd=isvn&sxsrf=ALeKk00cMMD8u4QyDKHnm7qetTjLgfpMeQ:1589321863583&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj-6_Kora_pAhVk4jgGHSw6C-8Q_AUoAXoECA8QAQ&biw=800&bih=1280&dpr=1.5

Alot has change since then...spiders, snakes & possums are more likely lurking in your garage or roof cavity nowadays. :wink:
onsen
Munro compleatist

Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to General discussion