walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Stay at home

Re: Stay at home

Postby Mal Grey » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:35 pm

al78 wrote:.

I'd have thought there is a way to use Google Earth to construct a video flypass of a route, which would be a great way to introduce a personal video of an excursion. Julia Bradbury's Railway Walks series did this at the beginning of each episode, although they used real aerial footage. Does anyone more tech savvy than me know if this is possible?

OS Maps online allows you to input a route then do a 3-D google-earth-style fly through. It works well. There is a subscription to access it, but you can sign up for the free 7-day trial and use it. Phones don't have the computing power so it doesn't work on those.

I've used it a few times to demonstrate silly canoeing and portage routes to the daft folk who've agreed to come with me. Only after they're committed, obviously!
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion