walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

New Plans for 2020

Re: New Plans for 2020

Postby Manwaeadug » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Old Plans: Introduce my dog to longer walks. Walk some sections of Ayrshire Coastal Path. Do an overnight camp and walk up The Merrick to get used to a (relatively) wild camp. Camp at a site in Arran, go up Goatfell and walk one or two sections of the coastal path over a few days (to get used to a few nights camping). And pick out one or two local walks and very small hills for day walks. All to get myself and the wee fella geared up for the WHW next Spring (or maybe Autumn if I felt it was achievable).

New plans: Long local walks along quiet country lanes, paths, tracks etc with the dog. :(
And hopefully avoid having to wipe my erse with Pot Noodle lids because of panic buying A holes!
Manwaeadug
Walker

Munros:1   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   
Walk wish-list

Postby JonetCol » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Originally to get out on the hills at least once per week on average (and managing to do so pre - restrictions) plus climb at least 2 Munros, a hill near Moffat and walk the WHW sections from Tyndrum to Kinlochleven.

Now its to maintain fitness to be able to doubly enjoy hillwalks once the all clear is given.

I'm also desperately seeking to identify good walks which will also avoid the worst of the overcrowding by like minded people who will bomburst into the great outdoors when peace breaks out.
JonetCol
Munro compleatist

Munros:112   Corbetts:1

Postby Gordie12 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Previous Plan - to walk the Wales Coastal Path and if fit enough to also include Offa's Dyke and finish at Prestatyn (just taken early retirement and was planning on doing this in May/June).

New Plan - to be able to take the car anywhere and climb a hill.

New Focus - get the garden in shape and finally decorate the front hall.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion