walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

new to the site

new to the site

Postby johnstone » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:58 pm

hello i have just joined the forum and was looking to ask peoples advice,i have recently taken up hill walking ,a fornight ago i first climbed the cobblar (ben arthur)and completed the needles eye,and last weekend climed ben lomond,so far i have found great enjoyment from hill walking,however being new to it all and not knowing very much i am looking for some fairly challanging climbs local to me,i live in helensburgh.So i would like to discover some close munroes nereby which i could climb preferbly sraight foward paths.open to any help or suggestions many thanks.
johnstone

Re: new to the site

Postby 37lumleyst » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Welcome to the site – you’ll find plenty of advice on this site and there are lots of friendly people. Have a look at the tool bar at the top left of the web page and click on ‘Walks’ there is heaps of routes and advice there as well as the general forum board. You can access accounts people have posted in and out of Scotland.

I hope you find something.

Regards,

Paul
37lumleyst

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:49
Wainwrights:56   

Postby cjwaugh » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Welcome to the site why not visit the arocher alps they are close to you :D
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby jaggystu71 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi
Welcome to the site.
From where you stay, you are within an hours drive from some great climbs.
There are several Munros and Corbetts starting from Arrochar or drive further on to The Rest and be Thankful,
where you can climb Ben Ime, Beinn a Lochain, Ben Donich and Beinn Luibhean.
At Tarbet turn right and head for Crianlarich, park just before the village try Cruach Ardrain a great climb with a ridge that will give you a feel for ridge walking.
This site will give you a lot information
jaggystu71

Munros:22   Corbetts:8
Fionas:4   
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:20
Wainwrights:34   

Postby susanmyatt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Hello, I can't help you with Scotland but welcome to a great site with some great people, plenty to learn and some superb stories and walks,take care, Sue :D
susanmyatt
Munro compleatist

Hewitts:94
Wainwrights:141   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion