walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

BIg Shout Out for Lancashire Sports Repairs

BIg Shout Out for Lancashire Sports Repairs

Postby RocksRock » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:02 pm

Disaster struck: my boot split along the bottom edge of the ankle cuff................... no local possibiity of repair, but Altberg suggested LSR. As I've only the one pair that might be solution.

Phoned them, e-mailed photo of boot. By return they call to discuss - yes we can fix that. I've only one pair so opted for Express. (The Fedex pick-up from house is suspended so you post, they fix and return via Fedex). So Tuesday parcel up and post for next day delivery. Wed a.m. early phone call from them - yes we can do that no problem. Paid by debit card. Friday a.m phone call from them - Fedex have picked up your boot and you'll have it on Monday. On Monday early they are dielivered. Look brilliant: road tested that afternoon and they are tops, felt like new

So job excellent, turn round likewise, and the whole staff experience was brilliant - prompt, friendly and can-do! The best of British business.

So take the chance to get stuff done before lockdown ends and we find all the problems with our kit, and support an excellent business.

And the price for an Express job including carriage both ways £52. £20 basic job, Exporess charge £15, the rest is post/Fedex. Speaks for itself.
RocksRock

Munros:4   Corbetts:7
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:26   Islands:8

Re: BIg Shout Out for Lancashire Sports Repairs

Postby Bonzo » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:31 pm

I've used them a couple of times in the past and agree that the service and quality of work are both excellent.
Bonzo
Mountain Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:96
Wainwrights:147   

Re: BIg Shout Out for Lancashire Sports Repairs

Postby Mal Grey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Glad to hear they are still as good as they were 15 years ago when I used them. :D
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to General discussion