walkhighlands

This forum is for general discussion about walking and scrambling... If writing a report or sharing your experiences from a route, please use the other boards.

Stob a' Choire Odhair and Stob Ghabhar - descent

Stob a' Choire Odhair and Stob Ghabhar - descent

Postby nikcster » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:36 pm

Hey folks - I'm planning on doing these two at the weekend, and the reports I've read make much of the last bit of descent beside the waterfalls being really steep. I don't mind that as such, but I wondered if it's 'knee-wrecking' steep or your actual 'risky' steep? I'm asking as I'll be alone and I try to avoid the riskier bits under those circumstances!

Here's the WH route description: https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/argyll/stob-ghabhar.shtml

Thanks!
nikcster

Munros:37   Corbetts:1
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   

Re: Stob a' Choire Odhair and Stob Ghabhar - descent

Postby Raynor » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:48 pm

It's fine. There's a steep eroded bit if you cross right at the waterfall but it's nothing major and can be avoided by crossing further down if needed.
Raynor

Munros:77   Corbetts:8
Grahams:6   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:12   
Islands:4

Postby prog99 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:57 pm

You can also descend down the south ridge of Sron a'Ghearrain and pick up the path to Clashgour.
prog99
Walker

Postby nikcster » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Raynor wrote:It's fine. There's a steep eroded bit if you cross right at the waterfall but it's nothing major and can be avoided by crossing further down if needed.

prog99 wrote:You can also descend down the south ridge of Sron a'Ghearrain and pick up the path to Clashgour.

Braw - thanks :-)
nikcster

Munros:37   Corbetts:1
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:2   

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to General discussion