walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings from Sussex

Greetings from Sussex

Postby mylesmcs » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:04 pm

HI Everyone.

I'm originally from Cape Town but moved to the UK about 7 years ago now.

I fell in love with Scotland whilst working at the Gleneagles hotel and try my hardest to get into the Highlands as much as possible. At this rate moving back to Scotland seems like the most cost effective choice :D

Myles
mylesmcs
Backpacker

Munros:9   
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Greetings from Sussex

Postby Sgurr » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:55 pm

I suppose there are plenty five star hotels in Sussex to progress your career, but it is seriously lacking in hills, unless you start bagging Marilyns. Welcome to the site.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby Caberfeidh » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:45 am

Lots of hotels in the highlands will be looking for staff now for the start of the summer season, if that's still your career. Outdoor centres too. Have some pictures to whet your appetite...

Rannoch Moor Heather.jpg
Rannoch Moor

Glen Coe.jpg
Glen Coe

Eilean Donan,Scotland May 09 109a.JPG
Eilean Donan, Kintail.

Camping at King's House.jpg
Camping at Kingshouse
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby mylesmcs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:10 am

HI Caberfeidh & Sgurr,

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

I should have mentioned that I changed careers about a 18 months ago. I now work in the IT Sector, a data centre to be more specific. The working hour are much more conducive to having a social life and I really enjoy the more technical aspect :)

@Sgurr - I could very well do that, but if we're honest it nowhere near as exciting and dramatic as Scotland That said the sunshine down this way is always a bonus.

@Caberfeidh - lovely photos! That has got me excited for my upcoming walk. I'm actually headed out on the Rob Roy Way in about 2 weeks and possibly the Great Glen Way after that (work is forcing me to take some holiday)
mylesmcs
Backpacker

Munros:9   
Sub 2000:1   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...