walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello All!

Hello All!

Postby McGibbMax » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi to all,

I am a new member of the website although i have been using the walk guides/descriptions for quite a while.

The site has always been a great source of knowledge and where to start and where to go and just generally finding decent walks etc. Plus there seems to be a lot of good people with a good sense of humour looking at some of the walk reports :D.

I am currently just plodding away with the lower hills and forest walks, mainly sub 2000s until the snow melts and I feel I have the confidence to tackle my 1st munros of the year (7 completed so far in the last couple.of years). That being said, with the change in the weather Mayar and Draeish possibly tomorrow 22nd feb and Ben Chonzie this Sunday 24th.

Me and a mate have agreed to get 50 bagged this year so thought it would maybe be a good time to be a part of a the walking/hill walking community and see what the people are saying :D!

Basically looking to get more into it and learn as much as I can from user reports and see where/when people are heading out, I find it natural to feel more confident when there is other people walking the same area as me (obviously when it's really busy takes a bit away from the walk). Also evetually will be looking to pick some brains with the winter walking as I purchased an ice axe and crampons have been watching videos and reading up but theres nothing like experience to explain.

Best to all of you in the outdoors! Hopefully will see some of you out there at some point.

Cheers,

Max
McGibbMax
Munro compleatist

Munros:6   

Re: Hello All!

Postby Sgurr » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:02 pm

Just because it's warm, it doesn't mean to say it is 100% safe. Take a look at these wind speeds for 23-24th. You may be happy with them, I wouldn't be

http://www.mwis.org.uk/scottish-forecast/SH/
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...