walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Just joined

Just joined

Postby norrie347 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:07 am

Just joined today, looking for routes to do some Munros at Hidden Valley, very soon
I am not a bagger but a crowd of us go to Glencoe and over the past 6 years I have done a few Munro's , best one for me was Buachaille Etive Mor
norrie347
Scrambler

Re: Just joined

Postby jmarkb » Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Welcome to WH!

norrie347 wrote:looking for routes to do some Munros at Hidden Valley, very soon

If you are aiming to do this route https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/fortwilliam/bideannambian.shtml then take care if there is any remaining snow on the descent into the head of the Lost Valley from Bealach Dearg. Safer alternatives are

1. Descend the south east ridge of Stob Coire Sgreamhach to the 741m col and then head north east to join the path in the Lairig Eilde and follow this back to the A82.

2. Return from the summit of Bidean nam Bian to the col between it and Stob Coire nan Lochain, and descend from there into the Lost Valley. (It's also possible to ascend this way and miss out Stob Coire nan Lochain).

Hope you have a great trip.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:241   Corbetts:88
Grahams:76   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...