walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Finally, to see true Scotland.

Finally, to see true Scotland.

Postby RTHuntley » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi

After 5 years of residing in the wonderful country of Scotland, I am excited to finally start exploring her highest points and long trails to them and to see her from a new perspective. Too long have I been isolated to the cities and my feet not ached from summiting the corners of the Highlands. Glad to be here, from Glasgow.

Sincerely,
Ryan
RTHuntley
Munro compleatist

Re: Finally, to see true Scotland.

Postby Sgurr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:21 am

Always a good idea to get walking. Maybe start on something small to see how you get on before tackling Bens Lomond or Nevis?
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:219   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:138
Wainwrights:160   Islands:58

Re: Finally, to see true Scotland.

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 am

Sgurr wrote:Always a good idea to get walking. Maybe start on something small to see how you get on before tackling Bens Lomond or Nevis?

Agreed - the tracks in the Cairngorms are especially good for this; introducing you to fantastic areas of striking scenery without exhausting you, and you can stretch yourself as you feel able. The wild-life is interesting too. Approach either from Aviemore or Braemar, or up high at the Glen Shee ski area.

Loch Gary#2.jpg
The highlands are waiting....
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...