walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello

Hello

Postby JCarlyle » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:21 am

Hi, finally signed up to use this great website properly. Just about to finish walking the Shetland Marilyns this weekend. Shetland being where I live and work and have stayed for over forty years. I started walking the Shetland Marilyns ten years ago and have been walking on and off over that time but have really started to get serious about walking over the past couple of years. Mainly a daily walk along the roads around me and St Ninians Isle, as it is in my back yard so to speak.

Last year I had a target to walk 1000 km and this year it is 1000 miles. Does not sound a lot I am sure to some folk but it forces me to show up and be motivated on a daily basis to do some exercise, with the weather up in the north it can be a struggle :lol:

Anyway this great resource has given me some ideas as to what I want to do next with my walking adventures.

Happy trails
JCarlyle
Wanderer

Sub 2000:19   
Islands:19

Re: Hello

Postby Booga » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:08 am

Welcome to the forum :)
Booga
Ambler

Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:5   Islands:12

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...