walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi all...

Hi all...

Postby Choccy » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, I've been looking on here for a while, so thought it was time to join up.

I'm currently planning a trip to the Cairngorms in November, it'll be the first time I've been to a Scottish mountain, in fact it's taken me until 47 to get to Scotland. I don't know why it's taken so long, which for me makes the trip even more special.

In fact I've been mountain biking for around 30 years, but it wasn't until last year that I made the summit of a mountain, now I'm hooked. I've managed a couple of summit camps, but nothing at the height of the Scottish mountains, I think around 824m on Craig Gwaun Taf in February.

Hopefully I'll get plenty of tips and local knowledge before my next adventure into the mountains.

Thanks for the welcome

Leigh...
Choccy
Mountain Walker

Munros:6   

Re: Hi all...

Postby Sgurr » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:53 pm

Welcome. Just remember the Cairngorms are big and November says are short. I am sure you know that already and have taken into account when making your plans.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Re: Hi all...

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:42 am

Sgurr speaks with the Voice of Reason! If you could make it October instead you would have a much better time. November tends to be a bit grim, wet and windy with long nights and chill temperatures - enough to be bleak and horrible but not cold enough for interesting snow and frost. But the way this year has been, we have to seize the moment when we can. :shock:

gibbet.jpg
All the fun of the fair at Caberfeidh Towers...
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...