walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from Inverness

Hello from Inverness

Postby Mpgscott » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:29 am

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello, just got into hill walking in the last year after some friends convinced me to come for a walk up Ben Nevis. Goodness i got the bug straight away as it was such a lovely clear day and i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Was down in the borders and came across this website and have found the routes that it suggests brilliant. Went out and did Tinto then Culter Fell Circular which was lovely and long around 11.5miles. Since that been up Ben Wyvis which was very blustery but lovely and this weekend went up a local An Leacainn which was another 13miles. So been using the website in combination with Viewranger app and have managed to do a number of solo walks so far but not as many as i would like.

So far i have downloaded routes for the following which i plan to do over the coming weeks/months as got some holidays to take from work so when weather permits i will give some a try:

Tom a' Choinich and Toll Creagach
Ben More Assynt & Conival
Cul Mor
Arkle Corbett
Ben Hope

Keep getting blisters on my heel after around 10miles so have been reading up some of the forum posts on this to see if i can stop them in future. Currently using Asolo boots with bridgedale socks so read about adding in a liner sock so will try this. Also read about the use of the tape Gehwol foot cream so will look to try this also. Cant see how cream alone would stop but worth a shot.

Enough rambling on looking forward to many new adventures.

Thanks
Mark
Mpgscott
Mountain Walker

Munros:10   

Re: Hello from Inverness

Postby Sgurr » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:16 pm

You've really got the bug. Welcome.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Re: Hello from Inverness

Postby Mpgscott » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:01 am

Only managed to do in 2021 due to working away with work, these were all in a week of each other:

Tom a' Choinich and Toll Creagach together
Ben Hope

Loved them and cant wait for more in 2022..
Mpgscott
Mountain Walker

Munros:10   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...