walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello everyone

Hello everyone

Postby Jules717 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:00 pm

Delighted to join this forum and looking forward to exploring more of what Scotland has to offer. I am planning a trip to the Torridon and Applecross area in May (Covid permitting) and would like to employ a guide for one or two of the more challenging walks as I am new to the area and have very limited experience of walking in Scotland. recommendations would be appreciated. Many Thanks.
Jules717
Mountain Walker

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Sgurr » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 pm

I think all the guides recommended here have professional qualifications, so it is just a case of clicking on the tab above, filtering by area and chosing one you like the look of. I did that when I wanted to climb Stac Pollaidh, husband had done in a knee, I had done in a shoulder and I wanted someone with a rope to help me finish the Grahams. He is no longer here, but I just chanced it and struck very lucky.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Re: Hello everyone

Postby jmarkb » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:30 pm

Welcome to WH!

Paul Tattersall at https://www.gofurtherscotland.co.uk/ is local to the area (Gairloch). Lots of positive comments about him on this thread: https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92490
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...