walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi all

Hi all

Postby Wee Davey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:34 pm

Just a quick intro before i start to lean on some local knowledge.

I am from south of the border (sorry) and live on the edge of the Peak District. I have a keen interest in all things outdoors, in particular hill-walking, mountain biking and wild camping.
Its been a couple of years since i headed north and i am looking to do so again, once we are allowed to do so.

I hope to pick on the brains of you all for some must see places to go, and to camp.

Currently looking at heading up in September, so get your thinking caps on :wink: please

cheers all
Wee Davey
Mountain Walker

Islands:4

Re: Hi all

Postby HikerSteve » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:56 pm

Welcome to WH 8)

Where abouts near the Peaks are you? I'm on the Stoke side, for my sins!

Am also big on my hill walking and wild camping.
Fingers crossed April/May sees the green light fur trips North again.

Steve
HikerSteve
Munro compleatist

Re: Hi all

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:00 pm

Wee Davey wrote:I hope to pick on the brains of you all for some must see places to go, and to camp. Currently looking at heading up in September, so get your thinking caps on please

What kind of thing are you after? Long distance treks through the Cairngorms? Wild Atlantic cliffs of the far North West? Beaches with seals following you along, nosying at what you're up to? Mud-wallows amongst the forests of Loch Lomond?
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...