walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Grey Corries Ridge from Stob Ban

Grey Corries Ridge from Stob Ban

Postby Gretenera » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi all,

Is it possible to access the Grey Corries ridge from Stob Ban in the South?
More specifically, I want to approach from the Lairig Leacach, head up Coire Claurigh, then, at the lochan located at the Col (or saddle - whatever you want to call it), heading North and directly up to Stob Choire Claurigh, I can see from my OS map that it would be a steep pull which would run adjacent to some crags to the West, but it does look possible.

Anyone had experience of this route?

It would. save me a lot of time and distance. I'm coming in and leaving from Loch Treig.

thanks.
Gretenera
Mountain Walker

Re: Grey Corries Ridge from Stob Ban

Postby Arthurs Eat » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:22 am

Totally possible. I added Stob Ban to the Grey Corries a few years ago. One of my favourite days out.
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:17   Donalds:38
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Re: Grey Corries Ridge from Stob Ban

Postby jmarkb » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:53 am

Welcome to WH!

As Arthurs Eat says, there is no difficulty - it's a just a fairly long steady climb from the col to Stob Coire Claurigh. There is a path marked on the 1:25k maps up Coire Claurigh to the col, though I am not sure whether it is really traceable on the ground. The back of the coire has some quartzite slabs that give an optional scramble (Giant's Staircase, Grade 2/3) but these are easily avoidable.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...