walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Rediscovering what my feet are for...

Rediscovering what my feet are for...

Postby JohnFaeGourdie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:43 pm

Hi all,
Thought I’d best get my first post in and say hello to everyone on the site.
I’ve only rediscovered our beautiful scenery recently after spending too many years paying far too much attention on life’s other diversions.
Big birthday this year and am truly looking forward to making some very significant and enjoyable changes in my life 👍🏻😊
This photograph from today reminded me of what I’ve been missing, Ledcrieff Loch with Lundie Crags in the backdrop.
Attachments
AC47756F-0E0B-4160-980D-9579BFCE06F4.jpeg
JohnFaeGourdie
Walker

Munros:43   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:6   

Re: Rediscovering what my feet are for...

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:59 am

You'll discover that your feet are for goupin' after a lang day! I am girding my loins for a long summer of hiking in the highlands after too long festering in my den. Let's hope it's not a bad summer for midgies, clegs, etc.

Loch Gary#2.jpg
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby JohnFaeGourdie » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:27 pm

Caberfeidh wrote:You'll discover that your feet are for goupin' after a lang day! I am girding my loins for a long summer of hiking in the highlands after too long festering in my den. Let's hope it's not a bad summer for midgies, clegs, etc.

Loch Gary#2.jpg

Very true, but I think am getting auld now as I’ve invested in a foot spa for after those long wanders! 👍🏻😂
Like you I’m hoping very much for a nice sunny summer, with just enough of a breeze to send the midgies well on their way! 🤞🏻
JohnFaeGourdie
Walker

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:06 am

Remember that fine highland tradition of stopping for a rest by a burn, getting your boots and socks off, and cooling your feet in the frothing hill burn water. Only to be tried when the weather is fine, not in a spate!

Skye waterfall.JPG
Spate conditions - not for paddling
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby AyrshireAlps » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:03 pm

Smashing post John, all the best, enjoy, and hope '21 is a good year for it!.
AyrshireAlps
Stravaiging

Postby JohnFaeGourdie » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:15 am

AyrshireAlps wrote:Smashing post John, all the best, enjoy, and hope '21 is a good year for it!.

Many thanks for the warm welcome and hopefully it will be great year for all! 🤞🏻😊
JohnFaeGourdie
Walker

Postby JohnFaeGourdie » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:17 am

Caberfeidh wrote:Remember that fine highland tradition of stopping for a rest by a burn, getting your boots and socks off, and cooling your feet in the frothing hill burn water. Only to be tried when the weather is fine, not in a spate!

Skye waterfall.JPG

Roll on those fine summer days for doing exactly that! 😊👍🏻
JohnFaeGourdie
Walker

Postby Thewax » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:32 am

At the age of 66 years, last year, I took to the hills of our beautiful country and my god how I wish I’d did it years ago. Guided by a friend who has been doing it for nearly 60 years , I’ve been seeing sights that I never knew existed. The scenery and nature is stunning and can’t wait to get back as lockdown eases.
Attachments
FA4170E4-91D6-405D-960B-B775581A186E.jpeg
Thewax
Walker

Postby JohnFaeGourdie » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:40 am

Thewax wrote:At the age of 66 years, last year, I took to the hills of our beautiful country and my god how I wish I’d did it years ago. Guided by a friend who has been doing it for nearly 60 years , I’ve been seeing sights that I never knew existed. The scenery and nature is stunning and can’t wait to get back as lockdown eases.

Yes, I know that feeling all too well 👍🏻
Having an experienced friend to advise on routes, decent boots, what to carry, etc, is going to give you the confidence to get out more and more often too.
Beautiful photograph btw! 😊
JohnFaeGourdie
Walker

Postby JohnFaeGourdie » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:46 am

AyrshireAlps wrote:Smashing post John, all the best, enjoy, and hope '21 is a good year for it!.

Thanks pal,
Roll on Friday and we can travel anywhere we want to in God’s country once more! 😊👍🏻😊
JohnFaeGourdie
Walker

Postby Thewax » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 pm

JohnFaeGourdie wrote:
Thewax wrote:At the age of 66 years, last year, I took to the hills of our beautiful country and my god how I wish I’d did it years ago. Guided by a friend who has been doing it for nearly 60 years , I’ve been seeing sights that I never knew existed. The scenery and nature is stunning and can’t wait to get back as lockdown eases.

Yes, I know that feeling all too well 👍🏻
Having an experienced friend to advise on routes, decent boots, what to carry, etc, is going to give you the confidence to get out more and more often too.
Beautiful photograph btw! 😊
Thewax
Walker

Postby Thewax » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:00 pm

Cheers John
Thewax
Walker

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...