walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello!

Hello!

Postby LucindaHan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, recently moved to the Highlands in November with my job, I enjoy walking, wildlife and sketching.
Attachments
1427A1E3-A9D9-4F0F-99BC-1471DFBCBD3F.jpeg
LucindaHan
Walker

Re: Hello!

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:12 pm

Welcome to walkhighlands - it’s a great resource for information, and advice from members. There’s also a wildlife spotting section.

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby Arthurs Eat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:50 am

LucindaHan wrote:Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, recently moved to the Highlands in November with my job, I enjoy walking, wildlife and sketching.

And upside down photography? :crazy:
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:17   Donalds:38
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Postby LucindaHan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:37 am

@halfmanhalftitanium

Thank you, I always make a note if I see something particularly interesting out on my walks. I like eagles and birds of prey.

Many thanks
LucindaHan
Walker

Postby LucindaHan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:38 am

Arthurs Eat wrote:
LucindaHan wrote:Hello everyone! I am new to the forum, recently moved to the Highlands in November with my job, I enjoy walking, wildlife and sketching.

And upside down photography? :crazy:

Yes, I don’t know how that happened! Sorry about that! :roll:
LucindaHan
Walker

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:43 pm

LucindaHan wrote:@halfmanhalftitanium

Thank you, I always make a note if I see something particularly interesting out on my walks. I like eagles and birds of prey.

Many thanks

Yes, it is surprising how much you can see. I always try to get a photo and never succeed!
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Postby LucindaHan » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:16 pm

HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:
LucindaHan wrote:@halfmanhalftitanium

Many thanks

Yes, it is surprising how much you can see. I always try to get a photo and never succeed!

That’s good to hear, it’s not just me then! I’m not really a photographer but like to make notes of things I see, and I like to sketch (birds mainly but also otters and other wildlife).
LucindaHan
Walker

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:08 pm

That's great! I used to do sketching when out in the hills, but not so much time these days as I'm busy with work so just tend to do the walking (and sitting and looking).

More landscape than wildlife though, I was never that good at getting the shapes right!

IMG_4911.jpg
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Postby LucindaHan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:27 pm

HalfManHalfTitanium wrote:That's great! I used to do sketching when out in the hills, but not so much time these days as I'm busy with work so just tend to do the walking (and sitting and looking).

More landscape than wildlife though, I was never that good at getting the shapes right!

The attachment \2 is no longer available

Wow, that’s incredible, I think you’re being too critical. That’s a wonderful piece! I find it very relaxing but I know what you mean, it’s something you kind of need to make time for! Sometimes there aren’t enough hours in the day and I’m a full time nurse so I completely understand that. I find it very good for stress relief and mindfulness. Here is a common buzzard I sketched the other day. I am working on all birds of prey profiles and hope to have a sketchbook full- mostly eagles! Definitely have lots of inspiration when out walking, so it’s like a paradise!
Attachments
0EAE0FB8-0DAC-4245-B82D-54D87A6FBEFB.jpeg
Sorry this has come up sideways and I don’t know how to change it!
LucindaHan
Walker

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...