walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Finally, to see true Scotland.

Finally, to see true Scotland.

Postby RTHuntley » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi

After 5 years of residing in the wonderful country of Scotland, I am excited to finally start exploring her highest points and long trails to them and to see her from a new perspective. Too long have I been isolated to the cities and my feet not ached from summiting the corners of the Highlands. Glad to be here, from Glasgow.

Sincerely,
Ryan
RTHuntley
Munro compleatist

Munros:1   

Re: Finally, to see true Scotland.

Postby Sgurr » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:21 am

Always a good idea to get walking. Maybe start on something small to see how you get on before tackling Bens Lomond or Nevis?
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Re: Finally, to see true Scotland.

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 am

Sgurr wrote:Always a good idea to get walking. Maybe start on something small to see how you get on before tackling Bens Lomond or Nevis?

Agreed - the tracks in the Cairngorms are especially good for this; introducing you to fantastic areas of striking scenery without exhausting you, and you can stretch yourself as you feel able. The wild-life is interesting too. Approach either from Aviemore or Braemar, or up high at the Glen Shee ski area.

Loch Gary#2.jpg
The highlands are waiting....
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...