walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi all

Hi all

Postby Rhondap1932 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Hi all, my name is Rhonda. I use to do a lot of low level hill walks with my young daughter and I loved it.
Unfortunately, just when I was getting to the point of having “ me “ time I developed arthritis and needed 2 hip replacements but they also discovered a tumour wrapped around my spinal cord ( benign thankfully) but it has left me with nerve damage.
But I’m trying to slowly get some walks in now.
Looking forward to getting tips on beautiful lower level walks that are not too long a distance.
Thanks for having me xxxx
Rhondap1932
Ambler

Re: Hi all

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Welcome! - this is a great website, lots of lower level walks in all regions. And there are always knowledgeable people willing to advise too.

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Re: Hi all

Postby JonetCol » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:53 pm

Hi and I hope you get some good tips on where to go. Don't know how much longish drives affect your pain levels and I've little knowledge of lower level walks but the landscape is so grand there must be lots.

A couple that do spring to mind are the approaches to Driesh and Mount Keen, which, if memory serves, are on fairly level and even terrain (possibly paved part way). Both are in beautiful glens.

The quiet single track road from the old Ben Lawers info centre car park to Bridge o' Balgie undulates a bit, but it has Meall nan Tarmachan on one side and the Lawers range on the other. There's also the section of the W Highland way from Inveroran(?) NW of Tyndrum and across Rannoch Moor on an old military road and it's surptisingly level too.
JonetCol
Munro compleatist

Munros:112   Corbetts:1

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...