walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Southern Upland Way

Southern Upland Way

Postby hardy1234 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:44 am

Hello, I am new to this forum - I am from the UK originally but live in Malaysian Borneo. The wife and I have been planning on doing the Southern Upland Way for a while now having done several long distance routes - obviously travelling has been difficult due to the Pandemic but we are looking at perhaps walking in Oct or waiting until April next year.

I was wondering if anyone had walked the trail recently and had any advice are communities there now welcoming hikers from what i see on the news things are starting to open up there? finally are the 2 bothies still open? (beehive bothy & Polskeoch Bothy)

thanks, chris and nancy
hardy1234
Walker

Re: Southern Upland Way

Postby Booga » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:42 pm

Welcome to the forums.
A friend of mine visited the Beehive bothy recently and found it open and in good condition.
There is also Brattleburn bothy close to the Southern Upland Way but as this is an MBA bothy and has a stove it can be a popular bothy, I presume you will have a tent so no problem if you get to a bothy and decide you want a quieter night away from the crowds. :)
Booga
Ambler

Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:5   Islands:12

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...