walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello, nice to meet you :)

Hello, nice to meet you :)

Postby Rene Gaudes » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:55 pm

Hello.
My name is René. I am from the Netherlands. I am an experienced wild-camper and I have some good gear. My camping days start early 1990ies. Camped in most of Ireland. Did England from east to south coast en from the Scottish border to the south coast. The last few years I have been doing canoe-hike trips (multi day, 100miles) in Sweden. Looking for a new adventure, I am preparing a multi week solo road and hike trip in Scotland. Initially I was thinking about doing the NC 500. But reading more and more I found out Scotland has much more to offer. So I am planning my own route. I like to visit the Cairngorms, Loch Lomond, Skye and the north route of the NC 500. Already looking forward to it. I find this site verry helpful. I have already posted a post and got some nice reactions. Unfortunately I can not thank them for their reaction. But in advance, thanks for all the help.
Rene Gaudes
Backpacker

Re: Hello, nice to meet you :)

Postby Caberfeidh » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:32 am

Rene Gaudes wrote: So I am planning my own route. I like to visit the Cairngorms, Loch Lomond, Skye and the north route of the NC 500.

Greetings and welcome :D It is nice to hear of someone planning their own route, so many people only go where others tell them to. I hope you enjoy your trip, may the Weather Gods smile upon you! You don't say what time of year - the weather is usually best between the start of May and the end of October. Have some pictures to get you interested.

Canoeing Loch Morlich#p.JPG
Canoeing on Loch Morlich, Cairngorms

Derry Woods.JPG
Glen Luibeg, Cairngorms

Loch Gary#2.jpg
Loch Garry, Glen Garry

Rannoch Moor R.jpg
Rannoch Moor

DSCF0015#p#r.jpg
Sunset from Gairloch. It rained solid for days afterwards!

IMG_3218#pr.jpg
Loch Ewe, North West Highlands

IMG_3046hdrcropR.jpg
Sutherland, on the NC500

IMG_2913aR.jpg
Village of Tongue, North Coast

Ashaig May 09a.jpg
Isle of Raasay from Ashaig, Skye

Black Cuilin from Elgol.jpg
Black Cuilin from Elgol

Ben Tianavaig.jpg
Ben Tianavaig, Skye

Dun Sgaith and Rum Cuillin.JPG
Ruined Dun Sgaith Castle, Isle of Rum in the distance
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Re: Hello, nice to meet you :)

Postby Rene Gaudes » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:00 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the pictures.
I am planning my holliday in june. Before high tourist season. At least for 3 weeks.
Rene Gaudes
Backpacker

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...