walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Postby trund » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi to everyone,Glad i have found this lovely site,my wife and i are heading to loch lomond in a weeks time and i was looking for some nice walks or even a hill climb we are both not that agile so really do have to be easy for now as dont want to miss out on the scenary.
trund
Ambler

Re: new member

Postby Arthurs Eat » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:49 pm

Just look in the Walks tab and drill down to the area you are interested in. Plenty walks for all abilities. Enjoy.
Arthurs Eat
Munro compleatist

Munros:234   Corbetts:29
Fionas:14   Donalds:31
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:35
Wainwrights:32   Islands:16

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 am

Conic Hill near Balmaha is a good starter, a nice walk through the woods (look out for red squirrels) then up steeper terrain to the top, with great views out over the loch and its islands, and over to the west highland peaks. The kid romped up it when he was seven years old so it's not too bad. Ben Lomond is a much bigger, more serious proposition. Glen Luss is a nice woodland walk. Excellent hot filled rolls at the Luss village shop.

IMG_7422a#r.jpg
Loch Lomond from Conic Hill April 2018
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby MrsOrr » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:49 am

I can repeat Caberfeidh's advice, Conic hill is a great wee hill. For a less strenuous walk try Balloch Castle Park, in Balloch itself or head up A82 to Firkin Point, the old road there is very easy to walk and it's lochside with great views. You could also try RSPB Loch Lomond at Gartocharn, nice woodland walk or a longer walk to the loch, check out their website for detailed directions. Whatever you chose to do, enjoy this wonderful area of our beautiful country.
MrsOrr
Bird-watcher

Postby trund » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Thank you for imformation,and answers.
trund
Ambler

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...