walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Aloha from sunny...Glasgow

Aloha from sunny...Glasgow

Postby BaggieTrousers » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:14 am

Hello all...I'm Allan from Glasgow. I've spent so many years enjoying Scotland's scenery but never quite managing to get properly in amongst it. Only recently I did the obligatory walk up Ben Lomond, and from there on I have been hooked on pushing myself....then 2 weeks later I broke my ankle, and that was that....Now, over 2 years later I am back and keen to get stuck in again. Looking forward to getting out there and enjoying what I consider to be some of the best mountain scenery in the world. This week I had a wander up Beinn a' Chrulaiste (purely because i've camped outside the KingsHouse about 20 times and always fancied doing it but never bothered), and I was almost in tears at the views from up there. It didn't occur to me that you would have the most perfect view of the whole bloody Glen!..Would be interested to hear peoples' views on some easier routes I could take on to break myself in gently. All the best folks :D
BaggieTrousers
Mountain Walker

Munros:18   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Re: Aloha from sunny...Glasgow

Postby tigerburnie » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi Allan, the Munroe's around the GlenShee ski centre a both accessible and varied, take your pick, some shorter walks, some a whole lot trickier, have a look then search out previous reports on here, get your map and compass and enjoy.
tigerburnie

Munros:6   

Postby BaggieTrousers » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 am

Brilliant, thank you.
BaggieTrousers
Mountain Walker

Munros:18   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:32 am

If you head on up to Braemar, go out the Linn O'Dee road and hike up the Lui water towards Derry Lodge. There are routes through the hills, or up into the peaks, with Scots Pine forest, rushing burns, wild moors and loads of wildlife. Same goes for Aviemore and Rothiemurchus; lots of interesting lower routes as well as impressive views form the summits. And you have the ski areas to get high up. On the west north of Fort William there is the Aonach Mor ski area, now named Nevis Ranges. You can get a gondola up to two thousand feet so you are in amongst the good bits quickly.

January 10 Aonach Mhor fence.JPG
Aonach Mhor

Autumnal pics 010.jpg
Ryvoan from Cairngorm Ski Road near Aviemore
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...