walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello from down south

Hello from down south

Postby zimboro » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:38 am

Hi everyone

Been browsing the forum for a while now and really enjoying the content. Thanks for all of the contributions, it really helps me to learn more about walking in Scotland.

I thought it was about time I said hello properly.

I’m Barry, I live in the South East of England, we have 4 kids and we all love walking and being in the hills.
I’m also a scout leader with a hill walking permit so enjoy taking groups of kids out into the mountains too.

Have done a little bit of walking in Scotland, around Lochearnhead and Loch Tay areas, including the wonderful Ben Lawers.

Looking forward to more time in Scotland so will probably post a few questions here and there.

All the best

Barry
zimboro
Mountain Walker

Re: Hello from down south

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:11 am

Welcome to the website Barry - it is a fantastic resource and do ask anything you ever need to know.

England and Wales are also covered, not as "official" walk descriptions, but the hills are listed, and there are trip reports on them which can be useful when planning - enjoy!

Tim
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...