walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings from Switzerland !

Greetings from Switzerland !

Postby cemkoker » Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:56 pm

Hi folks, my name is Cem. I live in Switzerland where we have *real* mountains ;)
I have accidentally come across Scotland a few years ago and have fallen in love with this lovely country.
I love hiking and wild camping; fan of ultra light gear, making video games and other sports.
This year I will attempt part of the CWT :)
cemkoker
Mountaineer

Re: Greetings from Switzerland !

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:16 am

cemkoker wrote:Hi folks, my name is Cem. I live in Switzerland where we have *real* mountains ;)
I have accidentally come across Scotland a few years ago and have fallen in love with this lovely country.
I love hiking and wild camping; fan of ultra light gear, making video games and other sports.
This year I will attempt part of the CWT :)

Greetings, as you are from Swaziland you may find our little mountains peculiar. They are small and quaint compared to the Alps but can be dangerous too. Our country is more disorganised and shabby but has a certain charm, especially in the west highlands where the hills are beside the sea, with islands and fjords (we call them sea-lochs). The ancient history is everywhere, be careful not to trip over it. :D

Loch Gary#3.jpg
Loch Garry, looking like a map of Scotland

002 postcard Buchaille r.jpg
Blackrock Cottage with Buchaille Etive Mor in the background

North Ballachulish Stone#2.jpg
Standing Stone, North Ballachulish

Ashaig May 09a.jpg
Sunset over the Isle of Raasay, from Ashaig, Skye
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby cemkoker » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:25 am

Thanks for the warm welcome ! One precision though; it's Switzerland the land of the cheese but more known for the banks not Swaziland as you wrote :lol:
cemkoker
Mountaineer

Postby Caberfeidh » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:37 am

cemkoker wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome ! One precision though; it's Switzerland the land of the cheese but more known for the banks not Swaziland as you wrote :lol:

Oh yes... :shock:

Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...