walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hi, from Anne Marie

Hi, from Anne Marie

Postby Amhq » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:35 am

Hello all, getting walking ready for summer, cannot wait. I will be spending lots of time around the Kintyre Peninsula this year, does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks. Anne Marie
Amhq
Walker

Re: Hi, from Anne Marie

Postby Caberfeidh » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of walkhighlands :D . The Kintyre peninsula is a rich and varied area, I am only familiar with the northern end, around the Crinan Canal, Knapdale with it's beaver-haunted lochans and skies full of buzzards, Kilmartin Glen with it's ancient burial mounds and standing stones, the ancient chapel at Kilmory with carved grave slabs showing effigies of knights, seals on the skerries and peaceful places lacking the crowds of more touristy places... Oh I'm pining for it now, like John Cleese's ex-parrot pinin' for the fjords...

Seal.JPG
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:14 pm

We've just come back from a fantastic few days in the area - no long walks, and we only got as far south as Skipness Castle, but I would agree word-for-word with Caberfeidh's description of the wonderful attractions of the northern part. PS don't miss the wonderful rock carvings at Achnabreac!

Attached - short video by my daughter of an otter. I'll PM you re the location, because it may not be good to publicly state where to spot otters so easily!

IMG_7946.GIF
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Postby Caberfeidh » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:46 am

HalfManHalfTitanium wrote: Attached - short video by my daughter of an otter. I'll PM you re the location, because it may not be good to publicly state where to spot otters so easily!

IMG_7946.GIF

Sorry to burst your ottery bubble but that is a mink! :shock:
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby HalfManHalfTitanium » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:10 am

Caberfeidh wrote:
HalfManHalfTitanium wrote: Attached - short video by my daughter of an otter. I'll PM you re the location, because it may not be good to publicly state where to spot otters so easily!

IMG_7946.GIF

Sorry to burst your ottery bubble but that is a mink! :shock:

Ooh!
HalfManHalfTitanium
Mountain Walker

Munros:119   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   Donalds:6
Hewitts:152
Wainwrights:103   

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...