walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Hello folks.

Hello folks.

Postby M3KVU » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:23 am

Hi everyone, just joined the site, got into this hillwalking malarky later in life but absolutely love it.

My wife and I previously did Ben Vrackie and are looking to do Ben Lomond next, my question to you all is how do you know where to park for all the munros ?
M3KVU

Munros:5   Corbetts:3

Re: Hello folks.

Postby SuperMillie » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:49 pm

Hi M3KVU and welcome.

It's never too late to get started in this hillwalking malarky, enjoy your adventures.

Regarding your question re: finding the parking areas for the Munro's. Walkhighlands has made the task easy for you.

If you open the page of your munro, i.e. Ben Lomond by: (there are a number of ways)
Click the Bagging drop-down from the Main menu and select Munro's from the list
Click A-Z (near the bottom of the page)
Click on Ben Lomond (Under Loch Lomond Region)
Click the link under "Detailed route description and map", labelled "Ben Lomond from Rowardennan"
Click the link under "START" labelled "Open start point in Google Maps for directions"
This will open the start (parking) location in Google maps
You can then take a wee 'virtual drive' to your parking area before you even leave the house
:)
SuperMillie
Munro compleatist

Munros:108   Corbetts:1
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:9   
Islands:12

Re: Hello folks.

Postby M3KVU » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:39 pm

Fantastic, thank you very much
M3KVU

Munros:5   Corbetts:3

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...