walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings from Spain

Greetings from Spain

Postby buchoni » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:46 am

Hi, I´m from Spain, and I register in Walkhighlands, because I´ll spend my holidays in Scotland (Edinburgh, Inverness, ...). I´m looking for interesting routes, useful maps, and waypoints that made easier my holidays.

Sorry for my english.
buchoni

Re: Greetings from Spain

Postby cjwaugh » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Welcome to the site :)
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby Paul Webster » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Bienvenido buchoni. Hope you have a great holiday and find the walking info you need here :D

Where do you live in Spain? We've walked the Camino de Santiago and on across the Pyrenees - loved Ordesa canyon!
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Postby buchoni » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:27 pm

Thanks for your wellcome.

By chance, I´m from Santiago de Compostela, final destiny of the Camino and I´ve already been in Ordesa. If you liked Pyrenees, you´ll enjoy Picos de Europa, in Asturias-Spain.

I´m looking for 3 or 4 routes on Scotland. One may be in the Cairngorms National Park, and the other ones around Inverness. We´ve rented a car so we can move over 100-150 kms from Inverness.

I´ll appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks again.

Paul Webster wrote:Bienvenido buchoni. Hope you have a great holiday and find the walking info you need here :D

Where do you live in Spain? We've walked the Camino de Santiago and on across the Pyrenees - loved Ordesa canyon!
buchoni

Postby Myth » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:00 pm

buchoni wrote:... looking for 3 or 4 routes on Scotland. One may be in the Cairngorms National Park, and the other ones around Inverness. We´ve rented a car so we can move over 100-150 kms from Inverness.

I live very near Inverness, and can confirm that 150km covers a HUGE number of hills! You're spoilt for choice. Cairngorms are quite "soft" walking (for the most part, although routes to the south are long(er) and rockier.
Sounds like your a walker already and if you've the time and inclination for bigger walks (rather than scrambles) I can recommend:
- Cairngorms: Braeriach from west (optional extensions, but it's a long way)
- Glen Affric: Carn Eige and Mam Sodhail (Lots of other possibilities too)
- Kintail: Five Sisters (North Sheil Ridge)
- Achnashellach: Sgorr Ruadh (and possibly Beinn Liath Mhor)

Generally when I'm planning a walking weekend I plan routes for North, southeast, southwest, and west (different areas for MWIS weather forcasts!), and then log onto www.mwis.org.uk to pick which one I'm actually going to be doing the night before... our weather changes so fast you have to be flexible!

Good luck!
Myth

Postby buchoni » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Myth wrote:
buchoni wrote:... looking for 3 or 4 routes on Scotland. One may be in the Cairngorms National Park, and the other ones around Inverness. We´ve rented a car so we can move over 100-150 kms from Inverness.

I live very near Inverness, and can confirm that 150km covers a HUGE number of hills! You're spoilt for choice. Cairngorms are quite "soft" walking (for the most part, although routes to the south are long(er) and rockier.
Sounds like your a walker already and if you've the time and inclination for bigger walks (rather than scrambles) I can recommend:
- Cairngorms: Braeriach from west (optional extensions, but it's a long way)
- Glen Affric: Carn Eige and Mam Sodhail (Lots of other possibilities too)
- Kintail: Five Sisters (North Sheil Ridge)
- Achnashellach: Sgorr Ruadh (and possibly Beinn Liath Mhor)

Generally when I'm planning a walking weekend I plan routes for North, southeast, southwest, and west (different areas for MWIS weather forcasts!), and then log onto http://www.mwis.org.uk to pick which one I'm actually going to be doing the night before... our weather changes so fast you have to be flexible!

Good luck!

Great!

I´m navigating on sites related to those routes. They look really nice. Talking about the weather,..., thanks for your suggestions, I´ll check the weather every day on www.mwis.org.uk.
buchoni

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...