walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

NEW TO CLIMBING

NEW TO CLIMBING

Postby jalal » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 pm

HI EVERYONE

I HAVE JUST STARTED CLIMBING FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS, AND I HAVE ALREADY DONE 5 MUNROES AND YES INCLUDING THE BEN NEVIS WICH I HAVE DONE LAST WEEK (
)

IT S ALL STARTED WHEN I WENT TO SPITTAL OF GLENSHEE TO TAKE SOME WILD LIFE PHOTOS AND CAUGHT THE BUG AND NO RETURNING BACK, NOW I GO OUT EVERY WEEK (MID WEEK) AS I WORK IN THE WEEK END.

I AM DOING THE TOUBKAL MOUNTAIN (HIGHEST MOUNTAIN IN NORTH AFRIQUA) AND THE THIRD HIGHEST IN THE AFRIQUA, IT WILL TAKE 3 DAYS TO DO WITH STAYING IN 2 CAMPS TO ACCLIMATISE WITH THE ALTITTUDE,
I AM RAISING MONEY FOR A CHARITY (NAME WILL FOLLOW) AND AM CREATIG A WEBSITE WHERE ALL THE INFO AND THE UPDATE ON THE CLIMB, ( I CANT WAIT)

ANY ADVICE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DROP A NOTE, AND AS I CLIMB ON MY OWN FEEL FREE TO JOINE ME (USUALLY MID WEEK)
I LIVE IN PERTH, AND I DONT MIND TRAVELLING FAR JUST FOR A CLIMB,

REGARDS AND GOOD CLIMBING
JALAL(JOE)
Attachments
3587397500_dbf12e6b95[1].jpg
BEN NEVIS
3587375624_f0ddd66fff[1].jpg
BEN NEVIS
jalal

Munros:25   

Re: NEW TO CLIMBING

Postby John Burgess » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:08 am

Hi Jalal and welcome,

By co-incidence I'm from near Perth and also heading for Morocco this Summer on a trek which finishes in the area around Toubkal. We hope to climb that and a couple of the other peaks in the area.
Good luck with your ascent.

All the best,

John
John Burgess

Munros:282   Corbetts:144
Fionas:78   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:110
Wainwrights:214   

Postby jalal » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:51 am

Hi John

What a co-incidence, because am going to morroco on the 29th june,for 2 weeks, only for a relaxing holidays.

when are u going to morroco ? If u need any advice about morroco please let me know
I work most week ends , i am usualy off wed,thurs or thurs,fridays so if u going away exploring the beauty scotland has to offer please drop me a line, i am from perth and we could use my car ,

Regards
Joe
jalal

Postby Myth » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Welcome - and what cracking weather you had on Nevis Summit! Gorgeous.
Myth

Postby jalal » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:53 pm

HI
ACCORDING TO LOCALS, THEY CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THEY HAD A DAY LIKE IT, IT WAS LIKE BACK HOME (MOROCCO) HAHAHAH
I HAVE REALLY ENJOYED IT AND NEXT TIME I WOULD LOVE TO TRY THE TOWER RIDGE WAY AND I BELEIVE IT S THE HARDEST
ANY ADVICE ? AND OF COURSE I WILL NOT TEMP IT ON MY OWN
DO U KNOW IF THERE IS AN ORGANISDE CLIMB TO BEN NEVIS VIA THE YOWER RIDGE ?

THANKS
JOE
jalal

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...