walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Postby Raymond » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi folks, I just wanted to say hello. I am a 44 year old, overweight, beer drinking, lazy person who has recently discovered the challenges and joy of hillwalking.

My very humble accomplishments so far are Ben lomond 31st May, and Beinn Dubh 13th Jun. I hope to make this a regular thing - hopefully losing a little weight in the process.

Oh - I just remembered I climbed Tinto hill many years ago, when I was MUCH fitter - Does that count?
Raymond
Hill Bagger

Munros:13   Corbetts:4
Grahams:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   

Re: New Member

Postby Myth » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:20 pm

Raymond wrote:Hi folks, I just wanted to say hello. I am a 44 year old, overweight, beer drinking, lazy person ...

Welcome! I'm carrying more than a few lazy extra pounds of my own - and I blame beer for all of them...
Myth

Postby cjwaugh » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Welcome to rthe site Raymond plenty us fatties go hillwalking and i do believe Tinto is a Grahame :lol:
cjwaugh

Munros:227   Corbetts:16
Grahams:4   Donalds:2

Postby 37lumleyst » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 am

Welcome to the site Raymond, I'm sure you will find lots of good advice here as well as the ability to post your walking reports and keep us all informed how the fitness/weighloss is going.

Good luck :D
37lumleyst

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Grahams:1   
Hewitts:49
Wainwrights:56   

Postby Nige R » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Keep heading to the hills and you can use your wok for cooking instead of ironing shirts, and have a great time as well :thumbup:
Nige R

Munros:13   Corbetts:3
Grahams:2   
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:39   

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...