walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Howdy

Howdy

Postby Foot Trudge » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:04 am

Hi, just joined a couple of days ago and thought I'd logon and say hello before going to work.
So, "Hello"
Foot Trudge
Stravaiging

Munros:205   Corbetts:1

Re: Howdy

Postby mountain coward » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:19 am

Hi and welcome... yet another lucky b*gger who lives in Scotland - a nice part too :mrgreen:

Do you know Big George (Chivers) who used to work on the Uist ferry? He comes from Kyle (although you've only said 'near Kyle' I suppose)...
mountain coward

Postby Foot Trudge » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:11 am

Hi mountain coward. Yes, I knew George and his brothers as I used to live in the same row of houses for a few years. But have now left the bright lights of Kyle for Dornie.
Foot Trudge
Stravaiging

Postby mountain coward » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:46 am

Does he still live there or has he gone to Edinburgh to live with his missus? I think he said he was going to... Haven't spoken to him for quite a few years but he's a great guy. Are his brothers as tall as him?? :o
mountain coward

Postby Foot Trudge » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi, To be honest mountain coward since settling down and moving I have not seen them in many years so I don't know what's happenedImage
Foot Trudge
Stravaiging

Postby zebidee1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Hello, welcome along.

:D

I havent been down that way for over 1 year now, used to deliver petrol to the filling stations at Inverinate and Broadford. Beautiful part of Scotland.
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Postby Foot Trudge » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks Zebidee 1, certainly can't complain on the location even when the weather is a bit naff! Have been taking advantage of the many mackerel in the area so the hills have taken a back seat for the time being. Even with the omega rich diet lately, I don't feel any brighter. :D
Foot Trudge
Stravaiging

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...