walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

New `Walker`

Re: New `Walker`

Postby Michelle » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:26 pm

4 weeks- wow :shock: I'm not sure I'd have it in me. It's a good thing I love hillwalking & the outdoors so much, or I might never have turned mine off... and I still spend more time on Fallout3 then is probably healthy for a person.

And welcome, Zebidee :D
User avatar
Michelle
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 208
Munros:25   Corbetts:9
Grahams:5   
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:14
Joined: Jan 21, 2009
Location: Washington DC

Re: New `Walker`

Postby zebidee1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Mr HighlandSC, and Stretch. If you are interested at all, and game for fun, and dont want to be hounded by kids mouthing rubbish down the mic, and playing music too, there is a nice warm place for you to have your gaming fun with people of similar likes. If you want some good banter with gamers that are shall we say, not the best in the world, but like to game for fun, then try http://www.maturegamer.co.uk Its a casual place, and they all make you feel at home.

My apolgies to the mods for putting the above link in, didnt know where else to post it.
User avatar
zebidee1
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 89
Munros:1   
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: Invergordon

Re: New `Walker`

Postby zebidee1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Michelle wrote:4 weeks- wow :shock: I'm not sure I'd have it in me. It's a good thing I love hillwalking & the outdoors so much, or I might never have turned mine off... and I still spend more time on Fallout3 then is probably healthy for a person.

And welcome, Zebidee :D


Thanks for the welcome. Michelle. :D

I`d love to game more, but my personal situation wont allow it. :(

And, I would still be 21lbs heavier than I am now. :shock:
User avatar
zebidee1
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 89
Munros:1   
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: Invergordon

Re: New `Walker`

Postby HighlandSC » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 pm

Might give that a try zebidee. However I do take some joy in leathering screaming german and french idiots. Some of them get so worked up it's unreal.

But usually I play a lot of Tiger Woods with real friends that are also online. We stake real cash on it :D

Michelle - glad to hear you're an xboxer! Fallout 3 is great :D I don't have it but have played it a few times.
User avatar
HighlandSC
 
Posts: 2180
Munros:33   Corbetts:4
Grahams:2   
Sub 2000:14   
Islands:8
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: USA (formerly Inverness)

Re: New `Walker`

Postby Michelle » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:49 pm

I know what you mean Zebidee- for me gaming means sacrificing the time that ought be spent sleeping! So are you planning Ben Wyvis as your 1st Munro as well?

Scott- real cash, huh? Not for me, TW is hard, IMO, as far as the golf games go! Yep 360, but I'll admit to having a PS3 as well... will even fire up a round of old school Mario Brothers once in awhile, can't beat the classics 8)
User avatar
Michelle
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 208
Munros:25   Corbetts:9
Grahams:5   
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:14
Joined: Jan 21, 2009
Location: Washington DC

Re: New `Walker`

Postby zebidee1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:28 am

Michelle wrote:So are you planning Ben Wyvis as your 1st Munro as well?


Yes, Ben Wyvis would be ideal, as its only a 30 min drive from the house. Unfortunatley, due to the delights of DIY ( which, I detest with a vengence ), my 1st Munro is going to have to be put on hold for now. :evil:
User avatar
zebidee1
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 89
Munros:1   
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: Invergordon

Re: New `Walker`

Postby Tenbob » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:34 pm

zebidee1 wrote:Unfortunatley, due to the delights of DIY ( which, I detest with a vengence ), my 1st Munro is going to have to be put on hold for now. :evil:


I think your priorities are all wrong there. DIY can wait surely? Or have you a wife, who nags, and stuff?
User avatar
Tenbob
 
Posts: 198
Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:3   
Joined: Jul 23, 2009
Location: Dunfermline

Re: New `Walker`

Postby zebidee1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Tenbob wrote:
zebidee1 wrote:Unfortunatley, due to the delights of DIY ( which, I detest with a vengence ), my 1st Munro is going to have to be put on hold for now. :evil:


I think your priorities are all wrong there. DIY can wait surely? Or have you a wife, who nags, and stuff?


Aye, got one of those.

I know my priorities are all wrong, they have been for around 11 years now.

I think my priorities should read :

1. Xbox
2. Gym
3. Xbox
4. Pub
5. Xbox
6. Munro
7. Xbox
8. work
9. erm....... :D
User avatar
zebidee1
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 89
Munros:1   
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: Invergordon

Re: New `Walker`

Postby Tenbob » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Munro only at no.6!!! :shock:
User avatar
Tenbob
 
Posts: 198
Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:3   
Joined: Jul 23, 2009
Location: Dunfermline

Re: New `Walker`

Postby robertian » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:21 pm

I think your priorities are all wrong there. DIY can wait surely? Or have you a wife, who nags, and stuff?[/quote]


Dont they all !!!

By the way welcome to the community from a newcomer myself

Cheers
Ian
robertian
Mountaineer
 
Posts: 67
Munros:20   Corbetts:1
Grahams:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   
Joined: Jul 26, 2009

Re: New `Walker`

Postby zebidee1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 am

robertian wrote:I think your priorities are all wrong there. DIY can wait surely? Or have you a wife, who nags, and stuff?



Dont they all !!!

By the way welcome to the community from a newcomer myself

Cheers
Ian[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome Ian, aye, unfortunatley our life cant move on until the bathroom is sorted, which when other things like proper life gets in the way and slows the process down, it pushes good things I want to do further down the list. :thumbdown:

looks like I will be delayed a few more weeks from starting my Munros. :(
User avatar
zebidee1
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 89
Munros:1   
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: Invergordon

Re: New `Walker`

Postby mountainman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi from mountainman (Tain)..whenever I get new boots I break them in by going up Fyrish or The Struie rather than going straight into a longer walk, that way you're less likely to get blisters from new boots.
mountainman
 
Posts: 27
Munros:19   Corbetts:4
Grahams:4   
Joined: Jan 25, 2009
Location: Tain

Re: New `Walker`

Postby zebidee1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:02 am

Cheers for the welcome Mountainman.

I went up Fyrish a few weeks ago, on my bike :shock: , well half on the bike, and pushed it up the other half. :?
Tain eh, may have to tag along on your next big climb, thats if you can put up a complete novice holding you back.
User avatar
zebidee1
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 89
Munros:1   
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: Invergordon

Re: New `Walker`

Postby Tenbob » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:30 pm

mountainman wrote:Hi from mountainman (Tain)..whenever I get new boots I break them in by going up Fyrish or The Struie rather than going straight into a longer walk, that way you're less likely to get blisters from new boots.


Fyrish!! Ah, the memories. I remember me and a group of my friends went up with our mountain bikes when there was snow on the ground, and on the way back down through the track we all crashed into each other! Oh, how we laughed!
User avatar
Tenbob
 
Posts: 198
Munros:102   Corbetts:2
Sub 2000:3   
Joined: Jul 23, 2009
Location: Dunfermline

Re: New `Walker`

Postby zebidee1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:40 am

Tenbob wrote:
mountainman wrote:Hi from mountainman (Tain)..whenever I get new boots I break them in by going up Fyrish or The Struie rather than going straight into a longer walk, that way you're less likely to get blisters from new boots.


Fyrish!! Ah, the memories. I remember me and a group of my friends went up with our mountain bikes when there was snow on the ground, and on the way back down through the track we all crashed into each other! Oh, how we laughed!



Ah, Tenbob, the fun of youth, eh ? :lol:

I biked from home, to the top and back, 16.2miles in total, absolutley knacked when I got back, good burn though.

How, the hell did they get those stones up there to build the monument ? :shock:
User avatar
zebidee1
Hill Bagger
 
Posts: 89
Munros:1   
Joined: Jul 25, 2009
Location: Invergordon

PreviousNext



Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?



Return to Say hello...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests