walkhighlands

To make the forum a bit more social... for new members (and old ones!) to introduce themselves to the site. You are welcome!

Greetings!

Greetings!

Postby Dingdave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:40 am

As Heather the Weather says, 'Hello there'.
Been walking since the mid 60s. Member of Dundonnell Mountain Rescue Team since '86. Compleated Munros in '96 and am trying to finish Corbetts - 31 to go. The last few years have been poor due to a bad back but this year has seen an improvement. I hope it continues! Some of my recent hills have been superb - An Ruadh-stac, Fionaven, Garbh Bheinn and most recently Sgurr na h-Aide via Glen Dessary. I've been along the Sourlies track many times with D of E trips but had forgotten how awful it is especially when we had a wet day. Hill itself is a cracker with a very fine and airy top. Unfortunately the cloud and rain meant that views, which must be superb considering the location, were very limited.
I look forward to using this site for info on routes I'm planning.

Regards
Dave
Dingdave
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:189
Grahams:5   Donalds:3

Re: Greetings!

Postby benno » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi Dave and welcome to Walkhighlands,
Quick question - I've heard the continuation of that track from Sourlies to Carnoch is near impossible at high tide, but never been down there myself. Do you know anything about this? (I'm planning a backpacking trip to Knoydart when the weather picks up via the rough bounds hills).
Last edited by benno on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benno

Munros:254   Corbetts:28
Grahams:10   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:27   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:9   

Postby Alan S » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:18 pm

hi dave welcome to the site
hopefully get some info off you if i need it :)
good luck with the corbetts ill finish them next year once i get these munros out the road :lol:
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:207   Corbetts:4
Grahams:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:12
Walk wish-list

Postby Dingdave » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome folks. Re your query, benno, every time I walked from Carnoch to Sourlies was by the shore. I never had to try and go over the top because of high tides. However, I think it may be a problem.
Dingdave
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:189
Grahams:5   Donalds:3

Postby zebidee1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Hello, welcome along.

:D
zebidee1
Hill Bagger

Munros:1   

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Say hello...